1) First of all – прежде всего
First of all, Dr Zoidberg, do you even have a medical degree?
2) Deep down – в глубине души (на самом деле)
I have misgivings about this mission, but deep down, I know we’re doing the right thing
3) By the way – кстати
And by the way, Sherman didn’t even get laid.
4) In short / in brief / in a word – короче
In short: I think it’s time to start talking about a divorce.
5) As to / as for – что касается
As for why they didn’t film in Scotland, no idea, probably a budget issue.
6) For one’s part / on one’s part – что касается конкретного человека
I know for my part that I’d surrender everything, honor included, in order to get out of the mess.
7) Believe it or not – веришь или нет, но
Believe it or not, I have more important things to do today than laugh and clap my hands.
8) Look here – послушай
Look here, Fillmore, what is it you’d really like to do? Tell me!
9) Above all – прежде всего
But above all it made me think about things.
10) In all probability / in all likelihood – по всей вероятности
February 13th, 2001, was in all probability a day neither more nor less amazing than any other day
11) Needless to say – нет нужды говорить
My father and I don’t get along; he doesn’t approve of my lifestyle and, needless to say, I don’t approve of his.
12) Something tells me – что-то мне подсказывает,.
Something tells me I could easily beat those trained professionals.
13) After all – в конце концов
I didn’t think you’d show your face around me again. I figured you were humiliated. You did run away, after all.
14) What’s more – кроме того
I would say: “Sure! Sure, I’m in love with her! And what’s more, I’m going to be faithful to her!”
15) The thing is – дело в том,
Well, the thing is, I don’t want to stay at any hotels on the East Side where I might run into some acquaintances of mine.